Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekly Weed Number Two

Okay, so it has been more than a week since my last "weed," but I've been busy closing down the library, doing inventory, and saying goodbye to students. Here is the next weed I have taken from my collection to share with you:

This book's copyright is 1979 - written one year after my first visit to Washington, DC. My parents took me as a graduation gift when I finished high school in 1978. Mom and I visited as much of the Smithsonian museums as possible while my dad was in meetings.

The book gives information about most of the Smithsonian Institute buildings that are located on the mall between the Washington Monument and the Capitol building. The pictures are pencil sketches with a mustard-yellow coloring accent (yuck). The book is a little beat up and the last time it was checked out was 1985! It does have good information, just a little outdated. Maybe I can convince someone that they want to read about the places that Curious George and I will visit in a couple of weeks!

Happy summer reading everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment