Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Read Across America and WRAD14 "Read It Forward"

For World Read Aloud Day 2014, this is my week four post. I am very behind in my blog posting due to spring break and very busy with pet sitting, planning for digital citizenship lessons, and on and on and on!

Anyway, the final post for WRAD was to be a video of yourself reading aloud. Well, I am very self-conscience about being video-taped, but I did it. Then I accidentally ;0) deleted the video. So, here is a picture of me on WRAD 2014 reading aloud a book from one of my favorite series for young girlies, Silverlicious! I dressed as Pinkalicious that day at school and had a blast reading to many littles during the day. I chose to read Silverlicious because I knew that I was going to dress as Pinkalicious, the main character, that day.




I love to dress up, and so for every day we were in school that week (Sadly, only 3 days.), I dressed up as a book character! I've included pictures below of all of my fun costumes. 

Fly Guy!

 
Kids and adults alike love to try and figure out who I am dressing as when I decide to do it. I think it adds to the story as I am reading and it makes people laugh and be entertained. I did get some funny looks driving to and from work!


Miss Viola Swamp


The two days I didn't dress up, my costumes were to be of Harriet the Spy and Amelia Bedelia. I will just have to save them for another time! I hope you enjoy my pictures. If you like to dress up as book characters, please tell me about it in the comments below!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment