Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Round Robin Reference Centers

Every year about this time, I start reviewing the reference books that students might be asked about on their state tests. I created a worksheet that has questions that match up with the available reference materials I have on hand in the library: dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, and almanac. Our most current almanac is from 2008, so I explained that information gathered from these resources, especially the almanac, might not be the most current information. The students learned that they can look online for the most up-to-date information available from these types of reference materials. I particularly like Fact Monster because it is colorful and easy to use. Here are a couple of pictures of students working in small groups to complete their center information sheet:

No comments:

Post a Comment