Tuesday, February 14, 2012

American Girl Valentines

I found this quote on my Pinterest board today. Boy, does it ever say what I am thinking every single day! So many things happen each minute of my day here in the library. Kids, teachers, and other staff members come and go all day and something is happening all around the school each second! Today, being Valentine's Day, we have parties in the classrooms, a program being presented by the fourth grade classes, and I finally hosted the first of our monthly American Girl activities.

The girls talked about why they liked reading the series they had chosen to read and they all surmised that it was because they identified with the American Girls in some way or another.

We made Valentines for teachers and staff in our building who might not otherwise receive V-day cards, including the custodians and specials teachers. It was so much fun! The girls can't wait to come back next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment