Monday, February 24, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Week 2 "Now & Then"

This post was meant for Week 2 of WRAD14: February 17-23

This week's post:

Answer the following questions twice. The first time, answer how you would have when you were 10 years old (or any age from elementary school that you remember clearly) and the second time, answer in the present.

1. I think everyone in the world should read ... (because they teach you how to treat others)

When I was 10: Harriet the Spy
Now: The Hundred Dresses

2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be...

When I was 10: Mrs. Shuck, my second grade teacher
Now: My grandma

3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is...

When I was 10: Violet in The Boxcar Children
Now: The little bird in Are You My Mother?

4. The genre that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is...

When I was 10: Realistic Fiction
Now: Nonfiction on all subjects: gardening, crafting, life lessons, etc.

5. The last book I wish I'd written or inspired me to write my own story is...

When I was 10: Follow My Leader (About a boy who becomes blind. I wanted to train seeing-eye dogs after reading that book.)
Now: The Happiness Project at Home (I actually began a blog after reading that book, but I don't have time to keep up with it.)

This was a fun post! I had almost forgotten about a few of these books!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment